It’s raining, men! However, it’s not “hallelujah” if your house is not well-prepared for the monsoon season.
To help you ensure that you and your family have a home sweet home, rain or shine, SubNet Construction will provide you some rainy season home maintenance tips. Check it out from our latest set of SubNet Construc-Tips.
- Inspect your roofs. Look for cracks. Make sure it can stand the upcoming rainy days.
- Check your gutters. Remove debris such as leaves, sticks, and dirt. Test it for leaks.
- Clean your walkways. Make sure it will be safe to walk on even when it rains. Remove dead branches.
- Seal all possible leaks in your house – from ceilings to siding to doors and windows.
- Monitor and fix leaky faucets and pipes. Call for a professional plumber, if needed.
- Have your electric system checked by a trained electrician. Ensure the safety of your household electrical items.
- Have your AC system professionally serviced especially before the rainy reason. Clean and replace your air conditioner filters.
- Terminate the termites. Have a termite inspection done in your house before the rainy days.
- Prepare for possible flooding. Move your wooden furniture to the safest place in your house. Secure important documents.
- Use waterproof paints, in case you want to maintain the look of your house even after the rainy season.
Do not take a rain check when it comes to home maintenance. Cliche as it may sound, but it’s better to be safe than sorry especially now that the rainy days are fast approaching.